Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Saturday March 11th Back to full schedule
GENERAL ADMISSION SMOKED! presented by PERFORMANCE Foodservice (smoked cuisine + wine + whiskey)
403 North 3rd Street Richmond
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
All-inclusive. This extraordinarily fun, indulgent, food, wine and whiskey event, which sold out weeks in advance in its first year, has been dramatically expanded in 2017 and will be held in the beautiful ballroom of the convention center. NOTE: Wine lovers will taste 12 out of the 23 GOLD MEDAL award-winning wines selected (out of 490) at Virginia's premier wine competition, including the wine chosen as the TOP WINE IN VIRGINIA IN 2017.
If you want to get in to SMOKED! one hour earlier than General Admission attendees, please check out the VIP/Early Admission SMOKED!.
This year there will be more of everything: global smoked cuisine, provided by some of Richmond's premier restaurants, pit-masters and pit-mistresses, representing multiple regions of the U.S., China, Brazil, Eastern Europe and more, wines from Virginia, Spain, Portugal and Sonoma County, CA, whiskeys from Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and Scotland, cider from Virginia, craft beer (some aged in bourbon barrels) from Virginia, and much more room to sit down or just chill out as you enjoy the live music.
Food selections will run the gamut from various smoked/aged meats and seafood to vegetarian selections, breads, cheeses, greens, stews and more, all with a smoked element to them. There will some non-smoked selections as well.
Expect 40+ whiskeys (including an amazing selection of craft whiskeys from Virginia, Kentucky, Scotland and Texas (Balcones), 40+ wines, several ciders and craft beers (a few aged in bourbon barrels) and perhaps a mead. Some Virginia wines will be poured by winery representatives (these Virginia wines may also be purchased by the bottle), while some Virginia, Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma, CA wines will be poured by knowledgable wine volunteers. The whiskeys will be poured by knowledgable spirits-industry trade. It is likely that Brown-Forman, Sazerac, and Southern, the three largest spirits distributors in Central Virginia, will have their representatives present, sampling many of the fine whiskeys in their respective portfolios.
Live music will come from the hit local band South of James!
Please note that from a craft beverage standpoint, this is a hybrid event, which emphasizes wine and whiskey equally. It is not a substitute for the Walk-Around Grand Tastings, which feature 650+ bottles of Virginia, Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma County, CA wine.
Ticket Package Availability:
There are no ticket packages, which include the General Admission SMOKED!. However, VIP/ Early Admission SMOKED! is included in three combo deals. Please go to the VIP/Early Admission SMOKED! event page to check them out.
Here's What You'll Experience at General Admission SMOKED!
- Spread throughout the Ballroom, you'll walk from station to station with your complimentary wine/whiskey glass (for use with all beverages), tasting the world-class cuisine of some of RVA's best pit-masters and restaurants. As you graze, you also imbibe some of the finest Virginia, Kentucky, Scottish and Irish Whiskeys poured by their representatives, taste top-shelf Virginia, Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma County, CA wines, a several Virginia craft beers and ciders.
- NEW - many of the Virginia wines at SMOKED! will be available for sale from Muse Vineyards, Valley Road Vineyards, Lazy Days Winery, and Cobbler Mountain Cellars.
- Keep a crystal wine/whiskey glass (for use with all beverages)
- Live jazz will be heard throughout the evening.
- There will be a silent auction benefiting Richmond CenterStage.
- ALL the food, wine, whiskey, craft beer and cider is included in this event.
- NEW - Edwards Virginia Smokehouse will feature its legendary smoked meats and other specialty products, including various smoked hams, smoked lamb, assorted pickled vegetables/pickles, fruits, apple butter, preserves, bread and biscuits, and more. Enjoy the true flavors of Virginia with this amazing selection of charcuterie!
- NEW - Creminelli will feature some of its amazing aged salamis!
- The menu will include some non-smoked items and vegetarian selections.
- There will be a smoking/cigar area conveniently located just outside the Ballroom.
- SMOKED! is primarily a tasting event; other than most of the Virginia wines, none of the other beverages will be available for sale.
- There will be seating available.
- Casual or smart casual attire is recommeded.
Here Were SOME of the Participating Distilleries/Brands (As of 10/23/15) for the 2016 Event.
Virginia Distillery Company
Copper Fox Distillery
A. Smith Bowman
Catoctin Creek Distillery
Belmont Farms Distillery
Col. E.H. Taylor (tentative)
Jim Beam Signature Craft
Lock, Stock & Barrel (tentative)
The Virginia Wines Available to Taste at this Event Will Be Sourced From the Following Wineries (NOTE: this list does not include the Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma wines):
Valley Road Vineyards
Cobbler Mountain Cidery
King Family Vineyards
The Barns at Hamilton Station - THE WINE FROM THIS WINERY WAS VOTED BEST IN VIRGINIA IN 2017
We recommend buying these tickets well in advance since there is limited availability.
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets will be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting