Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Saturday March 11th Back to full schedule
GENERAL ADMISSION Walk-Around Grand Tasting presented by Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig
+ Combo Package Available
403 North 3rd Street Richmond
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
All-inclusive. Taste and savor 650+ Virginia, Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma County, CA wines, artisan foods and specialty products. This is the Expo's most popular event and offers a premier tasting experience!
BIG NEWS - 12+ Gold Medal award-winning wines (out of only 23 given out) from Virginia's premier wine competition, including the BEST WINE IN VIRGINIA IN 2017 (chosen from 490 entrants), are included at this tasting, until they run out.
If you want to get in to the Walk-Around Grand Tasting two hours earlier than General Admission attendees, please check out the VIP/Early Admission Walk-Around Grand Tasting.
Enjoy an amazing selection of wine from Virginia's premier wineries and taste why Virginia has emerged as one of America's premier wine regions (270+ wineries and growing). Many of the Virginia wines you taste will be on sale for on-site consumption or to take home.
In addition to the Virginia wineries exhibiting, additional Virginia wines from wineries which rarely, if ever, exhibit at events, will be available to taste, poured by our wine-savvy volunteers. Thus, you'll be tasting many of the best wines Virginia has to offer.
Further, you'll also taste hundreds of wines from International Guest Region, Spain & Portugal, and from National Guest Region, Sonoma County, California. Scroll down for more details on what you'll experience at this event.
The specialty food available to taste and buy this year will be phenomenal, ranging from artisan chocolate, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cheese, cocktail mixes, sea salts, baked goods, pralines and brittles, fine meats, beef jerky, gourmet popcorn, peanut butter and more.
Ticket Package Availability:
The General Admission Walk-Around Grand Tasting is available in our "Super Saturday" combo deal (please see below). However, the VIP/Early Admission Walk-Around Grand Tasting is available in FIVE different combo deals. Please go to the VIP/Early Admission Walk-Around Grand Tasting event page to learn more about those combo deals. Ticket packages can be purchased at the bottom of the ticket page.
1. Super Saturday [NOTE: THIS PACKAGE IS SOLD OUT]
- Saturday Grand Brunch at Belle & James +
- Saturday General Admission Walk-Around Grand Tasting
Buying these events a la carte would cost $105. Buying this combo deal costs $85, saving $20.
NOTE: Belle & James is within walking distance of the convention center (where the Walk-Around Grand Tasting is held), requiring about a 10 to 15 minute walk, depending on your pace.
NOTE #2: There will be two seatings for the brunch at Belle & James. One at 11am and the other at 12pm. For more details on the Grand Brunch at Belle & James, please go to that event page.
Here's What You'll Experience at the General Admission Walk-Around Grand Tasting:
- Enjoy the wines of Virginia, Spain, Portugal and Sonoma County, California! Taste and buy hundreds of bottles of Virginia wine and taste hundreds of bottles of wine from the 2017 International Guest Region, Spain & Portugal, and from National Guest Region, Sonoma County, CA, with your complimentary Riedel® crystal wine glass at the Virginia Wine Expo’s most popular event.
- Taste and buy specialty food ranging from artisan cheese, chocolate, oils and vinegars, nuts, smoked meats, cakes, peanut butter, pretzels and more. Sample food offerings from restaurants.
- NEW - The number of International and National Guest Region wines available to taste (250+) has been doubled compared to the previous year.
- The Walk-Around Grand Tasting is the best opportunity all year to taste and buy Virginia wine and to taste the wines of the 2017 International Guest Region of Spain/Portugal and National Guest Region, Sonoma County, CA. Nowhere else in the nation can you taste and buy as many bottles of Virginia wine as you can at the Virginia Wine Expo.
Key points of information for your consideration:
- A ticket to the Walk-Around Grand Tasting is all-inclusive. It includes the cost of admission and the cost for the privilege to sample hundreds of wines. You receive a complimentary Riedel crystal wine glass and may taste and buy all of the Virginia wines, taste all of the Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma County, CA wines, and sample and buy specialty food.
- The food sampling will not be enough for a meal. However, meal-size food will be sold separately at the event
- With regard to Virginia wine, you may sample it, (in most cases) buy full glasses, (in most cases) buy bottles to open up in the exhibit hall, and (in most cases) buy bottles to take home. There is no limit on how much wine you are permitted to buy
- With regard to the Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma County, CA wine, you may sample what is available. However, these wines cannot be purchased by the glass or bottle per event policies set by the banquet license-holder for the event, Richmond CenterStage, and/or Virginia ABC regulations. Also, some Virginia wines will only be available to taste and not for purchase. Please see signage on individual wine booths to determine whether certain Virginia wines will not be for sale.
- If you buy two or more bottles of Virginia wine, you will be able to use the newly expanded Wine Check service, which will hold your wine for you so that you don’t have to carry it around at the event. Volunteers will be available to assist you if you need help carrying your wine purchases to your car
- There is a Wine Garden where you may sit down and relax. Also, tables and cocktail rounds will be spread out throughout the convention center for your convenience
- Complimentary water will be available throughout the convention center so you can hydrate and cleanse your palate and wine glass
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- There will be a complimentary Coat Check service available
- If you are thinking about attending other events in addition to the Walk-Around Grand Tasting, there are many combination packages available. Please check the ticket page for details
- If you do not want to consume alcoholic beverages, there is a separate General Admission “non-drinking” ticket available. Please find this ticket on the ticket page
- No one under 21 is permitted into the Saturday Walk-Around Grand Tasting. Those under 21 are permitted into the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting, although there are no special activities planned for this age-group
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Seminar: Portugal’s Famous Minho Region - Land of Vinho Verde & More
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
MASTER-CLASS Seminar: Virginia’s Top 12 Award-Winning Wines
5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
VIP/EARLY ADMISSION Burger Blast™ presented by Richmond magazine
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets will be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting