Welcome to the 10th Anniversary Virginia Wine Expo (VWE)!
Please join us March 8-12, 2017, in Richmond, Virginia—"RVA" to the locals—for a singular opportunity to taste Virginia, Spanish, Portuguese and Sonoma County, CA wines, craft beers, whiskeys, artisan burgers, global smoked cuisine, gourmet noodles and dumplings, and more!.
What to Expect at the Expo
We think you'll love RVA! In fact, TRAVEL+LEISURE magazine and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC just put RVA on their respective international lists of 'Best Places to Travel' (for amazing food, craft beverages and more) in 2016. Read all about it here and here.
We've made major improvements to virtually all of our events to enhance your experience. You're going to get more of what you love - great wine, amazing food, knowledgeable wine representatives, top-notch chefs - at next year's Expo.
Also, we have chosen Spain/Portugal and Sonoma County, CA as the International and National Guest Regions, respectively, for the 10th Anniversary VWE. Please look for wines from these famous regions to be integrated into many of the events on the schedule, including the Walk-Around Grand Tastings, SMOKED!, Burger Blast, some of the seminars and dinners, and more.
Here's what you can expect in March:
- MUCH more wine at the Walk-Around Grand Tastings (650+). At the "Walk-Around" you'll be able to taste and buy hundreds of Virginia wines AND taste 150+ bottles of wine from the 2017 International Guest Region of Spain/Portugal and 100+ bottles from the National Guest Region, Sonoma County, California.
- EASY and FAST access to wine at the Saturday Walk-Around Grand Tasting. In 2017, you'll have the option to buy a VIP/Early Admission ticket to the Saturday Walk-Around Grand Tasting, which will get you in two hours earlier than General Admission ticket-holders. You'll have access to all of the wine and food exhibitors and some very special, super-premium Virginia and Italian wines that will be unavailable to attendees at the other sessions. [NOTE: The Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting is always a mellow affair with relatively easy and fast access to the wines, which is why there is no Early Admission option.]
- MANY more burgers (22!!), much more wine and craft beer, and plenty more room at the Burger Blast. This event has sold out four years running and we expect another sell-out in 2017. We'll have an incomparable supply of artisan burgers and a much bigger space to play with to ensure you can savor every bite of the burgers and every sip of Virginia wine and craft beer in a comfortable enviroment, while you listen to live music.
- All lunches, dinners and brunches will be held at restaurants led by some of Richmond's culinary stars, who are experienced restaurateurs.
- All tours and excursions will be held within close proximity to Richmond or in the City itself ensuring minimum travel time and maximum enjoyment.
- A major new event called A Noodle & Dumpling Affair.
Please note that tickets to the Walk-Around Grand Tastings are $10 less, if you buy them on this website rather than at the door. Tickets are available for sale on this website until about 2 hours before the event, unless sold out. Non-drinking Admission tickets are available for all Walk-Around Grand Tasting sessions, Burger Blast, SMOKED! and A Noodle & Dumpling Affair.
NOTE: ALL TICKETS TO THE VIRGINIA WINE EXPO ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
The Virginia Wine Expo is proud to be a Virginia Green event, which requires passing strict guidelines that minimize our impact on the environment.