VWE Event Info
Welcome to the 9th Annual Virginia Wine Expo!
Welcome to the 9th edition of the Virginia Wine Expo (VWE), the nation's premier single-region wine and food event!
We've made major improvements to virtually all of our events to enhance your experience. You're going to get more of what you love - great wine, amazing food, knowledgeable wine representatives, top-notch chefs - at next year's Expo.
Also, we have chosen Italy as the Guest Region for the 2016 Virginia Wine Expo. Please look for Italian wine to be integrated into many of the events on the schedule, including the Walk-Around Grand Tastings, SMOKED!, some of the seminars and dinners, and more.
Here's what you can expect in February:
- MUCH more wine at the Walk-Around Grand Tastings (600+). At the "Walk-Around" you'll be able to taste and buy hundreds of Virginia wines AND taste 150+ bottles of wine from the 2016 Guest Region of Italy. Thus, the Walk-Around will be a huge Virginia wine tasting and buying opportunity and also act as a comparative tasting with the wines of South Africa. [Please note that the South African wines may be tasted but not purchased.]
- EASY and FAST access to wine at the Saturday Walk-Around Grand Tasting. In 2016, you'll have the option to buy a VIP/Early Admission ticket to the Saturday Walk-Around Grand Tasting, which will get you in two hours earlier than General Admission ticket-holders. You'll have access to all of the wine and food exhibitors and some very special, super-premium Virginia and Italian wines that will be unavailable to attendees at the other sessions. [NOTE: The Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting is always a mellow affair with relatively easy and fast access to the wines, which is why there is no Early Admission option.]
- MANY more burgers (20!!), much more wine and craft beer, and plenty more room at the Burger Blast. This event has sold out three years running and we expect another sell-out in 2016. We'll have an incomparable supply of artisan burgers and a much bigger space to play with to ensure you can savor every bite of the burgers and every sip of Virginia wine and craft beer in a comfortable enviroment, while you listen to live music.
- All lunches, dinners and brunches will be held at restaurants led by some of Richmond's culinary stars, who are experienced restaurateurs.
- All tours and excursions will be held within close proximity to Richmond or in the City itself ensuring minimum travel time and maximum enjoyment.
- A major new event called SMOKED!, which will take place at the beautiful and historic Richmond CenterStage, and feature smoked meats, fowl and seafood from some of RVA's best pit-masters, select Virginia and Italian wine, a well-curated selection of Virginia craft beer and cider and extraordinary Virginia, Kentucky, Irish and Scottish whiskey and spirits.
Please note that tickets to the Walk-Around Grand Tastings are $10 less, if you buy them on this website rather than at the door. Tickets are available for sale on this website until 3 hours before the event, unless sold out. Discounted Designated Driver tickets are available for the Walk-Around Grand Tasting sessions only.
In addition to reading the event schedule, we strongly recommend you review the event tips and general information.
NOTE: ALL TICKETS TO THE VIRGINIA WINE EXPO ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
The Virginia Wine Expo is proud to be a Virginia Green event, which requires passing strict guidelines that minimize our impact on the environment.