Friday March 4th« Back to Full Schedule
Chic Yet Classically French Signature Wine Dinner at Bistro Bobette
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
1209 East Cary Street
In everyday French life, the Bistro is the the family-owned neighborhood restaurant where the owners know you, the food is locally sourced and ingredients change with the season. Critically acclaimed Bistro Bobette is just that sort of restaurant - serving brilliant, fresh and satisfying French fare with a warmth that makes you feel special. Expect scratch-made dishes paired with a curated selection of highly regarded French and Virginia wine.
Please join Chef Francis Devilliers for a divine, scratch-made French Provencal-inspired wine pairing dinner in Bistro Bobette's beautiful private dining room.
- All-inclusive wine pairing dinner
- You may arrive any time after 6:00 pm
- We cannot accomodate special dietary restrictions or preferences at this dinner
- There is ample parking on the street, which may be metered and there are several parking lots and decks within a short walking distance
- Smart casual dress
- Francis Devilliers, Executive Chef and Co-owner, was born in Paris, France and developed a passion for cooking, especially French Provencal cuisine, after he immigrated to the U.S. and settled in Washington, D.C., where he worked in various French restaurants. He fell in love with Richmond's charm and readily accessible farmers- and seafood markets and decided to open Bistro Bobette with his wife and co-owner, Wendy Kalif. The secret to the Chef's cuisine are the frequent trips he takes to the markets to buy his ingredients and the techniques he uses to coax the flavors out of the fresh food framed with classical French sauces, spices and flavor profiles.
Wine Pairings and Menu*
Menu (please note that the specific bottles of wine will not be listed until early 2020)
- First Course - Arugula goat cheese rostido paired with a Cremont Sparkling Rose
- Second Course - Foie gras & black truffle soup in puff pastry paired with a Pinot Gris Vendage Tardive
- Third Course - Organic salmon sorrel creme fraiche paired with a Sancerre
- Fourth Course - Grass-fed beef tenderloin tournedos, red wine sauce paired with Red Cotes du Rhone
- Fifth Course - Hazelnut & chocolate croustillant paired with Banyuls
*Menu is subject to change
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting