Monday February 27th« Back to Full Schedule
Signature Wine Dinner at Buttermilk and Honey with Chef Mike Lindsey of Lillie Pearl
Chef Mike Lindsey, owner and chef at Lillie Pearl and Buttermilk and Honey, always strives for a guest experience that celebrates the love of food, wine, friends and family. At this special, multi-course wine-pairing dinner Chef Lindsey takes West African heirloom ingredients and his North Carolina roots of Southern African-American cuisine and mixes both traditional and modern techniques to create dishes that are paired with natural and biodynamic wines curated by Kristen Gardner and Lance Lemon, co-owners of locally-owned RichWine.
This haute dinner experience will turn your perception of southern cooking upside down as you savor Chef Mike's eclectic style and modern culinary interpretations while paying homage to his grandmothers Lillie Pearl and Hattie.
- A multi-course wine and food pairing dinner held at Buttermilk and Honey, which is next door to Lillie Pearl
- You may arrive any time after 6:00 pm
- Parking is free after 6 pm on the streets close to Lillie Pearl
- Dress is casual
- About Chef Mike Lindsey's inspiration for Lillie Pearl - We pay homage to all of Chef Mike Lindsey’s grandparents with Lillie Pearl. Grandma Hattie and grandpa Dave are represented by the “shade tree” as we called it, that we use in our logo. The tree has so much meaning. We would pick peas, shuck corn, eat watermelon, fellowship and listen to our family tell stories of their Gullah Geechee upbringing and life under this tree. Grandpa Dan is represented by the food. He was a hunter and farmer who was the example of hard work and living off the land. He grew, raised and hunted for most of our family’s food. The true example of farm to table as a way of life. Grandma Lillie Pearl is represented by hospitality. She was the true example of love and hospitality. A welcoming heart to all who came to visit and a smile that would brighten your day. You always left her house full and happy. She was the sweetest of souls!
- About Kristen Gardner Beal, Co-owner of RichWine - Kristen is a born and raised Virginia native, Founder of VinGo Tours, Co-founder of RichWine, and 2012 graduate of the University of Virginia. Before wine, Kristen worked at the Department of State in Lima, Peru and later transitioned to finance at a global investment bank in New York. She works hard and travels harder, attributing world exploration as the foundation of her love for food, culture, gatherings and wine.
- About Lance Lemon, Co-owner of RichWine - Lance is a Virginia native, Actor, Co-founder of RichWine, and 2011 graduate of the University of Virginia. Lance moved to New York to continue his acting career and bartend at Jean Georges ABC Cocina and Kitchen. Cocina soon led him to a role as a wine sales rep for Frederick Wildman and Sons where Lance learned a tremendous amount about wine. He went on to curate, open and manage two successful wine shops in BedStuy, Brooklyn: Wine - O and Liquid Assets. The experience defined his two life passions: acting and wine.
- RichWine is a boutique, online wine retailer that specializes in clean crafted low-intervention, organic, biodynamic wine from around the world! Lance and Kristen are childhood friends who have grown to love wine through their individual journeys in travel, selling wine in New York, and eventually becoming neighbors in Brooklyn where the concept of RichWine was born. The two moved back to Richmond within 5 months of each other and launched RichWine RVA, an online wine platform that brings you wine via daily delivery. Lance and Kristen believe wine is a gathering place and started this business to bring clean farmed wine to Richmond community as well as create a lane for hosting wine-centric events.
- Coming Soon
All inclusive. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023, at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting