Saturday March 4th« Back to Full Schedule
Masterclass Seminar: Virginia’s Top 12 Award-Winning Wines presented by Jay Youmans MW
Each year the Virginia wine industry holds one of the most stringent wine tasting competitions in the world to determine the top 12 wines in the state. Led by Jay Youmans, the Competition Director for the Virginia Governor's Cup® Wine Competition, this seminar offers a very special opportunity for you to taste twelve of 2023's highest ranking red & white Virginia wines, as chosen by over forty world-class judges. This seminar is held in the Head House of beautiful Main Street Station.
- All-inclusive, interactive, immersive seminar
- You will taste 12 wines
- You may arrive anytime after 4:00 pm
- Street parking is available for free on Saturday
- GRTC Pulse has a station at Main Street Station
- Bike and scooter racks are available
About Jay Youmans, Master of Wine
- Jay is the owner and Education Director for The Capital Wine School in Washington, DC, www.capitalwineschool.com. He teaches the wine course for L’Academie de Cuisine in Gaithersburg, MD. His credentials include: Advanced Level Sommelier - AS (Court of Master Sommeliers), Certified Wine Educator – CWE (Society of Wine Educators), French Wine Scholar – FWS (French Wine Society), Italian Wine Professional - IWP, Burgundy Wine Educator ( BIVB), Bordeaux Wine Educator (CIVB), Napa Valley Wine Ambassador, and Master of Wine - MW (Institute of Masters of Wine), which he passed in 2004, receiving the Vina Errazuriz Award - www.mastersofwine.org.
- For the past seven years Mr. Youmans has been the Competition Director for the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Wine Competition, one of the most stringent wine competitions held in the world.
- Coming soon
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting