VIP/Early Ultimate Brew Fest
Saturday March 7th« Back to Full Schedule
VIP/Early Ultimate Brew Fest
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
1500 E Main Street
A curated tasting of innovative and highly-rated craft beers at beautiful Main Street Station. The Ultimate Brew Fest (UBF) offers a premier tasting experience at a stunning, world-class venue. The 2020 UBF will primarily but not exclusively focus on three beer styles: 1) wilds, goses and sours; 2) blended hop IPA's; and 3) Imperial and barrel-aged stouts. All attendees will have unfettered access to the Artisan Food Truck Court, just steps away from the tasting. Below, please find details concerning the craft beer selection criteria. Get in ONE HOUR EARLIER with this ticket.
Please scroll down for a regularly updated list of breweries represented at the UBF. The list will updated until the weekend of the event.
Please see the craft beer selection criteria below.
Early Bird Pricing
- Please note that the pricing for this VIP/Early Ultimate Brew Fest ticket is subject to change based on demand and availability as we get closer to the event
Ticket Package Availability
- The VIP/Early Ultimate Brew Fest is part of three ticket packages, including "VIP Weekend (UBF)", "VIP Weekend Triple Play" and "VIP Afternoon Border Pass". Please go to the Ticket Packages page for details. Please go to the ticket page to buy a ticket package (please scroll to the bottom).
- Get an EXTRA HOUR to taste the craft beers
- Each attendee will receive a special card with 33 numbers, representing the 33 craft beers you will taste
- Each attendee is guaranteed to receive a 3oz pour of all 33 beers
- Each attendee receives a beautiful Riedel crystal glass, which will have a marker on the glass indicating the 3oz pour line
- The UBF is a "style-specific" tasting focusing on two or three beer styles each year. In 2020, the UBF will primarily focus on 1) wilds, goses and sours; 2) blended hop IPA's; and 3) Imperial and barrel-aged stouts
- There will be an Artisan Food Truck Court just outside Main Street Station very close to the UBF. You will be permitted to purchase food from the food trucks and bring it inside to the event. You will not be permitted to take any craft beer outside to the Artisan Food Truck Court
- This event is held at beautiful Main Street Station, which has bike/scooter racks and a GRTC Pulse Station, and is a popular destination for Uber, Lyft and traditional taxi services
- If you want to bring a friend to drive but not consume beer, then there is no charge to enter the event. The driver will not receive a card and will not be permitted to consume any alcoholic beverages
- Complimentary water will be available to cleanse your glass and hydrate
- Craft beer tables will include a pour bucket for craft beer you don't want to consume
- Second pours will not be permitted
The Craft Beer Selection Criteria
- Both the brewery and the specific beer must have received extremely high ratings on either or both RateBeer.com and BeerAdvocate.com
- Craft beers which win awards at juried competitions, such as the Great American Beer Festival, the World Beer Cup, the U.S. Open Beer Championship and the International Beer Challenge, are given preference
- Recommendations from local Richmond craft beer critics, including but not limited to current or former employees of Richmond area beer distributors, current or former journalists, etc. whose opinon we respect and trust are given preference
- Our UBF staff will give preference to beers that meet the aformentioned criteria and that we can personally taste and verify
- Little value is given to beers merely because they are scarce or originate from breweries that are not commonly distributed in the Richmond market. Our team still must verify that the craft beer is extremely high quality using one or more of the aforementioned criteria
The List of Craft Breweries (this list will be updated regularly until the weekend of the event)
- Basic City
- Final Gravity
- The Bruery
- Fine Creek
- Modern Times
- Southern Tier
- Sierra Nevada
- ...and more to come as they are confirmed
Artisan Food Trucks
- LOWCO Eatery
- Intergalactic Tacos
- Grateful Grill
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting