Sunday March 5th« Back to Full Schedule
Masterclass Seminar: Tour Argentina presented by Sommelier Erin Scala
A journey of the senses through Argentina's most important wine regions! With a history of winemaking since the 1550's, the seven wine regions of Argentina encompass a wide range of landscapes, which stretch at high altitudes along a corridor of the Andes mountain range on the western edge of the country.
The unique terroir and micro-climates found in these regions produce high-quality grapes with distinctive characteristics and flavor profiles. Varietals such as Malbec (Argentina's signature wine grape), Cabernet Sauvignon, Bonarda, Pinot Noir, Torrontes, Chardonnay, and more thrive in this stunningly beautiful part of the world.
Please join Sommelier Erin Scala, owner of In Vino Veritas Fine Wines, named a Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40, and owner of consultancy, ThinkBev, for a fascinating, enriching and delicious tour of one of the world's greatest wine regions.
- Ticket package availability - There is one ticket package available which includes this seminar called "VIP Sunday Special", which pairs this seminar with the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special. Please go to the Ticket Packages page to learn more about all ticket packages and go to the ticket page to buy a ticket package
- An all-inclusive seminar
- You may arrive anytime after 10:15 am
- Street parking will be free on Sunday
- You'll taste 8+ exceptional Argentine wines
- About Erin Scala - For the better part of a decade, Erin worked in New York City at several Michelin star restaurants, notably JoJo, PUBLIC, and The Musket Room. In 2014, she returned to her home state of Virginia to run the wine programs at local downtown restaurants, Fleurie & Petit Pois. Today, she is the sommelier at Common House social club in downtown Charlottesville, and since 2017, she's owned In Vino Veritas Fine Wines, a wine retail shop in Keswick, Virginia. Erin writes the thinking-drinking wine blog, produces audio essays for the I’ll Drink to That wine podcast, and consults about wine privately and commercially through her company, ThinkBev. Her articles about wine have been published in The Washington Post, Wine & Spirits, Wine & Country Living, and Knife & Fork magazine. For several years, she covered the Virginia wine scene in a column for her local paper, The C-Ville Weekly. Named one of Wine Enthusiast's 40 Under 40 wine professionals to watch, her wine list at Fleurie won a Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” in 2016 and 2017. Erin received a James Beard Rhône Rangers Travel Study Grant to study Rhône varieties in California in 2016. She competed in the Sommelier Scavenger Hunt held by Wine & Spirits Magazine to find delicious Pinot Noirs in the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA in 2017. In January 2018, the I'll Drink to That podcast was written up in the New York Times. Certified as a Certified Sake Professional, and also with the WSET Diploma of Wines and Spirits, she believes that fermented beverages are a unique and dynamic communion with time and place, and that often the best beverages come from small vineyards, orchards, and breweries using products farmed by passionate families who believe in minimal intervention.
- Coming Soon
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting