Sunday February 26th« Back to Full Schedule
Signature Wine Dinner with Chef David Dunlap at Midlothian Chef’s Kitchen
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
11501 Busy Street
North Chesterfield, Virginia 23236
Enjoy an enchanting, local, hyper-seasonal signature wine dinner created and presented by acclaimed Chef David Dunlap and his wife and co-owner, Brittany, at Chef Dunlap's restaurant - Midlothian Chef's Kitchen. Experience an intimate, classy, suburban-chic vibe at this exquisitely presented culinary experience.
If you're not familiar with Chef Dunlap's passion for food, here's your opportunity. Formerly the Chef at lauded Maple & Pine Restaurant at the Quirk Hotel, Chef Dunlap learned his craft from luminaries such as Chef Partrick O'Connell at the Inn at Little Washington and Alain Ducasse of Adour Restuarant. This dinner is an ode to the hyper-seasonal approach David takes to his elevated yet approachable cuisine. Please join us!
- A local, hyper-seasonal, multi-course wine and food dinner
- You may arrive any time after 5:45 pm
- Parking is free
- Dress is casual
- Chef David Dunlap - The foundation for Chef Dunlap's passion for food was laid early in life. Born in Washington State near Puget Sound, he recalls fondly his childhood days spent playing and harvesting in his family's orchards, foraging for huckleberries, picking strawberries and blackberries and tending to bees.
After a job cooking at a local farmer's market in Boulder, Colorado, Chef Dunlap was inspired to enroll at the California Culinary Academy. Upon graduation, he worked under Executive Chef Jung at El Encanto Hotel in Santa Barbara, where he learned to utilize fresh, seasonal ingredients. After his next job cooking at a five‐star Four Seasons property, Chef Dunlap and his family moved to Virginia to be closer to family, and he then opened Alain Ducasse’s Adour restaurant as Chef de Partie. It was there that Chef Dunlap developed the finer points of his culinary approach.
Following a stint as Sous Chef at Plume Restaurant at The Jefferson Hotel in DC, Chef Dunlap was recruited by The Inn at Little Washington, where he was eventually promoted to Executive Sous Chef. Chef Dunlap brings his talents to Maple & Pine after a very successful three years at the celebrated Ashby Inn in nearby Paris, Virginia.
Awards & Recognition for Chef David Dunlap
- 2011 Relais & Châteaux Grand Chefs Event, London
- 2014 James Beard Rising Star Chef of Virginia Dinner Series
- Broad Appetit Best Dish Award 2016, 2017, 2019
- Broad Appetit Best Dessert Award 2018, 2019
- 2017 Rising Star Chef of the Year by Two Roads Hospitality
- 2018 Juror's Award for Best Chili Dish benefitting Visual Arts Center of Richmond
- 2019 Charleston Wine + Food Guest Chef
- 2020 StarChef
- 1 of the 32 Restaurant Stars on the Rise in 2020 by FSRMagazine
- 2021 Dine Like a Local Award Winner by The Scout Guide for Best Restaurant for Dinner
- 2021 50 Restaurants We Love by Richmond Magazine
- 2022 Best Restaurant in Chesterfield by Richmond Magazine
All inclusive. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023, at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting