Sunday February 26th« Back to Full Schedule
Signature Wine Brunch at Publix Aprons Cooking School with Barboursville Vineyards
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
5400 Wyndham Forest Dr.
Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
Eat. Drink. Have fun. That's the motto that the Publix Aprons Cooking School lives by and it's what you'll experience when you join us for a joyous, immersive and enriching wine and food pairing brunch featuring the wines of Barboursville Vineyards, Virginia's flagship winery, and the cuisine of the Publix Aprons Cooking School Senior Managing Chef, Bobby Kelch.
Barboursville Vineyards Resident Winemaker Luca Paschina will welcome you with sparkling wine and, along with Publix Aprons Cooking School's Senior Managing Chef Bobby Kelch, will lead you through a multicourse wine and food pairing brunch as the Publix chef team cooks - live - on a kitchen stage with multiple cameras and video screens so you can watch the action up close. The chefs are "miked" so you can listen as they create the dishes and answer your questions.
This brunch is a terrific shared experience offering a fun way to learn new skills, explore cultural cuisine and try delicious, new recipes.
- A live, immersive, interactive, four-course brunch where you will learn how to make delicious brunch dishes and enjoy them paired with Barboursville Vineyards wines
- Sparkling wine reception
- You may arrive any time after 10:30 am
- Parking is free in the Publix parking lot
- Dress is casual
- Senior Managing Chef Bobby Kelch (details coming soon) -
- Barboursville Vineyards Resident Winemaker Luca Paschina - Luca is a third generation winemaker from Piedmont, Italy who studied enology at Istituto Umberto Primo in Alba. Asked by Gianni Zonin to study his winery operations in a year’s consultancy at Barboursville in 1990, he returned to Zonin’s headquarters north of Venice with an irresistibly audacious suggestion — if you will systematically re-invest in ideal trellising systems and techniques for this terroir, you will have the finest wines that can be grown on the East Coast. When he arrived at Barboursville in 1990, the winery had 38 acres under vine. Since that time, it has expanded to over 180 planted acres under vines as well as an inn and five star restaurant on the property. Luca is a former member of the governor-appointed Virginia Wine Board (appointed by 4 different governors). His wines have won accolades in competitions in San Francisco, New York, Dallas, London and more. Luca enjoys cooking, hiking, fishing, and raising his three children with his wife at home in Orange, Virginia.
Menu (subject to change)
- Seared Scallop Ceviche with Bibb Lettuce, and Avocado Crema
- Duck Enchiladas with Applewood Bacon Jam and Queso Fresco
- Korean-Style Barbeque Beef Short Ribs with Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage and Scallion-Mashed Potatoes
- Stone Fruit Bread Pudding with Crème Fraiche Gelato
All inclusive 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting