Tuesday March 3rd« Back to Full Schedule
Bar Solita Signature Wine Dinner
Chef Gabriel Munoz Becerra will offer an array of exquisite Mediterranean small plates paired with top-scoring wines from Virginia and the 2020 Guest Regions of Bordeaux/Loire Valley, France and Washington State. Certified Sommelier Sean Rapoza will present the pairings.
- All-inclusive five course wine pairing dinner
- You may arrive any time after 6pm
- Please contact Alex Papajohn at apapajohn@VariantEvents.com concerning special dietary restrictions at this dinner
- There is street parking nearby the restaurant in the Arts District. Also, the GRTC Pulse rapid transit has a stop very close by.
- Smart casual dress
- Chef Gabriel Munoz Becerra is Bar Solita’s new, head chef, located here, in Richmond, Virginia. With almost 2 decades of experience in the food and beverage industry, he adds great value to RVA Hospitality’s restaurant group.
Gabe hails from Guadalajara, Mexico and relocated to Pennsylvania in 2001. There, he was able to gain knowledge of the kitchen working under two esteemed chefs from Italy and Canada at Maggiano’s Little Italy. Also during his time there, he worked with local wineries and breweries, hosting multiple dinners.
In addition to training under brilliant chefs, Gabe attributes most of his cooking skills to simply reading and studying several cook books.
In 2016, Gabe took his expertise and talents to Richmond, Virginia where he worked as head chef for Kona Grill until Spring 2019.
Since joining Bar Solita, Gabe has made such extraordinary and innovative changes to our menus. By means of his Latino influences, he’s completely transformed our Mediterranean style into true vacation cuisine.
When Gabe is not gracing Bar Solita’s kitchen with his presence, he enjoys hosting children’s cooking classes, and acting as a guinea pig for his Esthetician girlfriend.
- Certified Sommelier Sean Rapoza - Coming soon
Wine Pairings and Menu
- Coming Soon
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting