Wednesday March 1st« Back to Full Schedule
Bacchanalia Reception & Dinner at Historic The Mill at Fine Creek presented by Jackson Family Wines
Bacchanalia is the Expo's premier wine dinner promising a spectacular evening of elite wines and exquisite, locally-sourced cuisine at historic and beautiful The Mill at Fine Creek, which is part of the Fine Creek Historic District where Peter Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson's father, lived. Featuring a masterful seven-course dinner, a sparkling wine reception, premium Virginia wine, elite wines from Jackson Family Wines Napa Valley portfolio, and a special keynote speech, this will be an unforgettable evening you will cherish for years to come.
The menu will be created by The Mill at Fine Creek's five chefs and will be designed to pair with wines selected through a collaborative effort between The Mill's chef's, the Virginia Wine Expo's Chief Beverage Curator, Chris Richardson, and Todd Brentnall, CSW, WSETIII, Regional Manager, The Spire Collection for Jackson Family Wines. If you want to see and touch history, you'll be able to look at and touch some of the bricks that used to be part of Peter Jefferson's home. And you'll have an opportunity to walk the incredible, historic grounds and buildings.
Savor a sparkling wine reception at 6:30 p.m. followed by an exquisite seven-course dinner paired with 8+ premier wines.
Please join us for a decadent and very special culinary experience!
- All-inclusive wine pairing dinner, with presentation of wine and food pairings by The Mill at Fine Creek's chefs and Todd Brentnall, CSW, WSETIII, East Coast Manager for Jackson Family Wines
- You may arrive any time after 6:00 pm
- We cannot accomodate special dietary restrictions or preferences at this dinner
- There is ample parking on the grounds of The Mill at Fine Creek
- Dress is smart casual
- Keynote speech by Mr. Todd Brentnall, CSW, WSETIII, Regional Manager, The Spire Collection for Jackson Family Wines
- Indoor dinner with opportunity to saunter outside
- Sparkling reception upon arrival
- Five chefs will prepare this exceptional dinner. Details coming soon.
- Keynote speaker - Mr. Todd Brentnall, CSW, WSETIII, Regional Manager, The Spire Collection for Jackson Family Wines - Todd Brentnall has been the Regional Manager for the Spire Collection since October 2013. The Spire Collection is a luxury driven division representing the artisan brands from the Jackson Family. As Regional manager, Todd is responsible for sales and marketing of the 22 brands under the Spire Umbrella concentrating on key markets while focusing on collector activation and on premise sales to further the awareness of this unique selection of handpicked brands. Todd started his career in the financial industry at PNC Bank but found a passion for wine at a young age. In pursuit of this passion, Todd was able to train his palate and further his knowledge of wine through a variety of positions in the industry including consulting beverage selections for many top restaurants, management of top retail accounts and working as a key account specialist within a wholesaler in the Baltimore market. Continually a student of wine, Todd is currently studying for his WSET Diploma.
Wine Pairings & Menu (subject to change)
Brie & Berry Croquettes
House-Smoked Trout (L) with Crème Fraiche and Herbs paired with Thibault-Janisson Blanc de Chardonnay (tbc)
Pate with Cognac, hard winter wheat (L) bread, mixed greens (L) with vinaigrette (L), garnished with zucchini relish and mixed fruit chutney paired with Barboursville Nascent (wine details tbc)
Oyster (L) Trio: Shooter | Stew | FCB Stout Granita paired with Viognier (wine details tbc)
Lamp Chop (L) with Garlic, Nutmeg, and Thyme served with Stone Ground Grits (L) and Tomato Jam (L) paired with Barboursville Octagon (wine details tbc) and Jackson Family Wine selection (TBD)
Pulsed Cauliflower, Smoked Pork Belly (L), and Pan Seared Scallop served with Fennel Slaw paired with (wine details TBD)
Coffee Glazed Duck (L) served with Ramps and Early Garlic paired with (wine details TBD)
Crab Cake with Tasso (L) Maque Choux and Potato Hay paired with (details TBD)
Chocolate and Mixed Berry Petit Gateaux with Berry Sauce paired with (wine details TBD)
All inclusive. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023, at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting