Friday March 4th« Back to Full Schedule
Sunset Rooftop Happy Hour Hosted by RichWine & The Black Restaurant Experience
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
300 E Broad St
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Happy hour gets kicked up a few floors with a crafty focus on natural and biodynamic wines paired with artisan hors d' oeuvres - and it's all happening on the rooftop of the mixed-use historical building, The Mark on Broad, located in the Arts District of Downtown Richmond.
For those who crave interesting experiences, this rooftop happy hour - presented and curated with unwavering enthusiasm by Kristen Gardner Beal and Lance Lemon, proprietors of wine distribution company, RichWine - will do the trick. The views of Richmond's skyline should dovetail nicely with the delicious food, hand-picked wines, chill tunes, and gracious hosts.
- A true rooftop happy hour featuring natural and biodynamic wine, sumptuous bites and chill tunes
- You may arrive any time after 5:30 pm
- Parking is free after 6 pm on the streets close to The Mark on Broad
- Dress is casual
- Chef Mike Lindsey, Co-owner of Lillie Pearl
- About Kristen Gardner Beal, Co-owner of RichWine - Kristen is a born and raised Virginia native, Founder of VinGo Tours, Co-founder of RichWine, and 2012 graduate of the University of Virginia. Before wine, Kristen worked at the Department of State in Lima, Peru and later transitioned to finance at a global investment bank in New York. She works hard and travels harder, attributing world exploration as the foundation of her love for food, culture, gatherings and wine.
- About Lance Lemon, Co-owner of RichWine - Lance is a Virginia native, Actor, Co-founder of RichWine, and 2011 graduate of the University of Virginia. Lance moved to New York to continue his acting career and bartend at Jean Georges ABC Cocina and Kitchen. Cocina soon led him to a role as a wine sales rep for Frederick Wildman and Sons where Lance learned a tremendous amount about wine. He went on to curate, open and manage two successful wine shops in BedStuy, Brooklyn: Wine - O and Liquid Assets. The experience defined his two life passions: acting and wine.
- RichWine is a boutique, online wine retailer that specializes in clean crafted, low-intervention, organic, biodynamic wine from around the world! Lance and Kristen are childhood friends who have grown to love wine through their individual journeys in travel, selling wine in New York, and eventually becoming neighbors in Brooklyn where the concept of RichWine was born. The two moved back to Richmond within 5 months of each other and launched RichWine RVA, an online wine platform that brings you wine via daily delivery. Lance and Kristen believe wine is a gathering place and started this business to bring clean farmed wine to Richmond community as well as create a lane for hosting wine-centric events.
About The Mark on Broad
In the early 1900’s, local Richmond businessman David Marks owned two buildings at the corner of 3rd and Broad; 300 and 302 East Broad Street. Out of the corner building he ran a successful saloon. Prohibition was looming, and he knew his business needed to change. David took advantage of the changing market and demolished the two buildings, consolidated the lots, and drew up plans to build a much bigger and grander building. The “Mark’s Bldg”, as he inscribed above the door, was constructed as a three story building over a large basement, uniquely equipped with its own exterior stairway to the sidewalk. Speculation is that the basement access was meant to facilitate a speakeasy he ran during prohibition years.
Wine & Food Menu
- Coming Soon
All inclusive. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 6, 2022, at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting