Friday March 3rd« Back to Full Schedule
Ode to the Oyster Sparkling Wine Lunch
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
4708 E, Old Main St.
Richmond, VA 23231
The best food tells a story of where it came from. Eating a Virginia oyster captures the essence of Virginia, it's waterways and the watermen who farm them. Come savor this water-to-table lunch experience featuring Virginia oysters from the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and other fresh, hyper-seasonal cuisine paired with sparkling and still wines at beautiful The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing.
This is a special, multi-course lunch experience with spectacular views of the James River and downtown Richmond created and executed by The Boathouse's acclaimed Chef Robert Nelson.
Ticket Package Availability
- Ode to the Oyster Sparkling Wine Lunch is part of a
- An all-inclusive, four-course wine-pairing lunch held at beautiful The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing with views of the James River and downtown Richmond
- You may arrive anytime after 11:30 am
- On-premise parking is plentiful and free.
- If you want to attend the lunch and have special dietary restrictions or preferences, such as vegetarian, gluten-free or particular allergies, please e-mail Alex Papajohn at apapajohn@VariantEvents.com.
Memorable meals start with great ingredients. The Tidewater region, with its abundance of food sources—farmers, watermen, cheese makers, craft purveyors—is a food-lover’s nirvana. Chef Nelson is passionate about developing and maintaining close relationships with local culinary partners. He tirelessly researches dishes, flavors, ingredients and customs of the South to yield interpretations that are both familiar and innovative. Mindful of the calendar, Chef Nelson and his team of cooks regularly rotate menus to reflect seasonal culinary rhythms.
Wine Pairings and Menu
- Coming Soon
All inclusive. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting