Friday March 3rd« Back to Full Schedule
VIP/Early SMOKED! - A Whiskey, Wine & Global Smoked Cuisine Experience
6:15 pm - 10:00 pm
1500 E Main St
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Kick-off the Expo's biggest weekend with this uniquely crafted signature event showcasing a robust selection of top-shelf whiskeys and other spirits (primarily from Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee), premier wines from Napa Valley, Virginia and Argentina, Virginia cider, and scratch-made, expertly prepared global smoked cuisine representing an array of regional American and international cuisines. This unforgettable night of indulgence and laid-back luxury also includes an incredible, new silent auction, gaming tables, and live music.
All of the whiskeys, wines, and ciders will be poured by distributor representatives, knowledgeable Expo volunteers, or the owners/staff themselves. Most Virginia whiskeys will be available for sale. Foodies, wine lovers and whiskey enthusiasts will love this event.
This VIP/Early ticket gives you a one-hour headstart and access to special bottles of whiskey and wine unavailable to General admission attendees.
We're very excited about the new live auction at SMOKED! Details coming soon.
Ticket Package Availability
This event can be purchased a la carte or as part of three ticket packages - VIP Friday, VIP Weekend, and VIP Trio. For details on all three bundles, please check out the Ticket Packages page.
- Enter an hour earlier than General Admission
- Enjoy smoked cuisine from various regions of the U.S. and the world
- Food selections will run the gamut and will satisfy meat-lovers and vegetarians. There will be seafood as well. Most selections will have a smoked element to them. There will be some non-smoked selections as well.
- Although this is a walk-around type of event, there will be a substantial amount of seating available
- Savor top-scoring wines from Napa Valley, Virginia and Argentina.
- Spirits-check service will be offered. If you buy spirits bottle(s) to go, the Expo will hold your product until you leave. Only Virginia spirits will be available to taste and buy
- There will be 80+ top-shelf whiskeys and spirits to taste (the vast majority will be whiskeys)
- Knowledgeable servers will educate you about the wines and whiskeys
- You keep either a Riedel crystal wine glass or a Riedel crystal whiskey/wine glass (you choose the glass you like when you enter)
- Complimentary coat check
- There will be a designated smoking area and Cigar Lounge located outside. Havana Connections will be offering the cigars for sale during the event.
- Street parking and parking lots are readily accessible and within easy walking distance to Main Street Station
- GRTC Pulse has a station in front of Main Street Station.
- Bike and scooter parking is available.
- Coming Soon
Partial Example Menu from 2020 to Whet Your Appetite
- ZZQ: award-winning smoked brisket and pastrami
- River City Woodfire Pizza: pizzas and appetizers cooked onsite in a wood-fire oven
- LesCrepes: modern crepes with smoked elements
- Redemption BBQ: smoked Cuban sandwich, vegan smoked jackfruit sandwich, southern poutine, traditional brunswick stew
- Rappahannock Oyster: bourbon butter roasted oysters
- Smohk: smoked ribeye sandwich, onsite-smoked quail, onsite-smoked salmon, Kentucky boiled custard with praline wafers
- Stumps Pig and Pint: smokehouse mac n cheese, sm. wings, rocket ribs, sm. mushrooms, smokehouse cooked greens, pineapple basil slaw
- Cardinal State Butchers: signature chili
- Stella's: smoked lamb
- Peter Chang: smoked duck rolls, smoked tofu stuffed with pork and veggies, cured pork belly fried rice, cilantro fish rolls
- Publix Aprons Cooking School: duck confit, smoked sausage cassoulet
- J. Sargent Reynolds Community College Culinary School: Cherry Smoked Skirt Steak / Bleu Cheese Scalloped Potato / Tarragon Chimichurri / Fried Pickled Fresno Chiles AND Smoked S'more - Housemade Spiced Marshmallow / Smoked Hazelnuts / Bourbon Caramel / Cracker Crumble / Spiced Chocolate
- Local Virginia mesclun greens, radish, celery, with Virginia apple, smoked gouda and smoked, candied walnut
All inclusive. $132 covers food and alcoholic beverages. Admission is $3. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023, at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting