Friday March 4th« Back to Full Schedule
The Lusty Oyster Sparkling Wine Lunch at Maple & Pine in the Quirk Hotel
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
201 W Broad Street
Oysters lust for water, filtering some 50 gallons of it every day. If you lust for one of Virginia's signature marine products - oysters - along with other fresh seafood, then you'll absolutely savor this water-to-table lunch experience paired with sparkling and still wines from Virginia, Loire Valley, France and Washington State. This is a special, multi-course lunch experience created and executed by acclaimed Executive Chef David Dunlap at his beautiful restaurant, Maple & Pine, situated in the stunning lobby of Richmond's premier boutique hotel.
Ticket Package Availability:
- This lunch is part of one ticket package called "Friday Blowout". Please go to the Ticket Packages page for details and to the ticket page to purchase tickets.
- An all-inclusive multi-course wine-pairing lunch held at Maple & Pine, located in the beautiful, luxurious and classic + modern Quirk Hotel, named one the South's Best Hotels in 2018 by Southern Living
- You may arrive anytime after 11:30 am
- Street parking is available and is metered. Valet parking is available - please pull up in front of the restaurant (it is not included with the lunch).
- Check out the GRTC Pulse for a car-free transportation experience. The GRTC station is very close by to the hotel
- If you want to attend the lunch and have special dietary restrictions or preferences, such as vegetarian, gluten-free or particular allergies, please e-mail Alex Papajohn at apapajohn@VariantEvents.com.
- Virginia Rising Star Executive Chef David Dunlap - The foundation for Chef Dunlap's passion for food was laid early in life. Born in Washington State near Puget Sound, he recalls fondly his childhood days spent playing and harvesting in his family's orchards, foraging for huckleberries, picking strawberries and blackberries and tending to bees.
After a job cooking at a local farmer's market in Boulder, Colorado, Chef Dunlap was inspired to enroll at the California Culinary Academy. Upon graduation, he worked under Executive Chef Jung at El Encanto Hotel in Santa Barbara, where he learned to utilize fresh, seasonal ingredients. After his next job cooking at a five‐star Four Seasons property, Chef Dunlap and his family moved to Virginia to be closer to family, and he then opened Alain Ducasse’s Adour restaurant as Chef de Partie. It was there that Chef Dunlap developed the finer points of his culinary approach.
Following a stint as Sous Chef at Plume Restaurant at The Jefferson Hotel in DC, Chef Dunlap was recruited by The Inn at Little Washington, where he was eventually promoted to Executive Sous Chef. Chef Dunlap brings his talents to Maple & Pine after a very successful three years at the celebrated Ashby Inn in nearby Paris, Virginia.
Wine Pairings and Menu
- Coming Soon
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting