Friday March 4th« Back to Full Schedule
VIP/Early SMOKED! presented by Performance Foodservice ~ (wine, whiskey + global smoked cuisine)
SMOKED! is an evening celebration of brilliant global smoked cuisine wine and whiskey. Year after year we're just blown away by the creativity shown by our chefs at SMOKED! We can't wait for what they have in store next. The heart of SMOKED! are the dozens of perfectly smoked artisan dishes representing a diversity of cuisines from around the world. The soul of the event are the 75+ top-shelf whiskeys from Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee and Scotland, dozens of highly rated wines from Virginia, Bordeaux + Loire Valley, France and Washington State, and a curated selection of barrel aged craft beers. The event encourages attendees to experiment and taste the various ways different cultures apply the magic of wood, fire, flames and smoke to a wide variety of ingredients, dishes and recipes.
Your SMOKED! experience includes live music by Adrian Duke!
Please scroll down for our tentative menu, featured national and international distilleries, and Virginia distilleries, which will be updated periodically as we get closer to the event.
Held in spectacular Main Street Station, this all-inclusive, indulgent, food, wine, whiskey, and barrel-aged craft beer event will satiate foodies, wine lovers and whiskey enthusiasts.
Ticket Package Availability
- If you want a special weekend culinary experience, this event can be purchased as part of five different ticket packages, including, "Friday Blowout", "Friday Cigar & SMOKED", "VIP Weekend", "VIP Weekend (UBF)", and "VIP Weekend Triple Play". Full details on the ticket pages can be found on the Ticket Packages page and can be purchased on the ticket page.
- Enter an hour earlier than General Admission
- Enjoy various styles of smoked cuisine from the U.S. and the world
- Food selections will run the gamut and will satisfy meat-lovers and vegetarians. There will be seafood as well. Most selections will have a smoked element to them. There will be some non-smoked selections as well.
- Savor top-scoring wines from Virginia, Bordeaux/Loire Valley, France and Washington State. THERE WILL BE 20+ HIGHLY RATED AND AWARD-WINNING WINES TO TASTE
- NEW - we will offer wine/spirits check service at this event in 2020. So if you buy wine or spirits bottle(s) to go, the Expo will hold your product until you leave. Only Virginia spirits will be available to taste and buy
- Sip on top-shelf whiskeys from Virginia, Kentucky, around the U.S. and beyond. THERE WILL BE 75+ TOP SHELF WHISKEYS TO TASTE
- Knowledgeable servers will educate you about the wines and whiskeys
- Sample a curated selection of barrel-aged and other special craft beers and ciders
- You keep either a Riedel crystal wine glass or a Riedel crystal whiskey/wine glass (you choose the glass you like when you enter)
- Complimentary coat check
- There will be a designated smoking area and Cigar Lounge located outside. Havana Connections will be offering the cigars for sale during the event.
- Amtrak stops directly at Main Street Station
- Street parking and parking lots are readily accessible and within easy walking distance to Main Street Station
- GRTC Pulse has a station in front of Main Street Station.
- Bike and scooter parking is available.
Tentative Menu for 2020 (A partial menu which will be updated soon)*
- ZZQ: award-winning smoked brisket and pastrami
- River City Woodfire Pizza: pizzas and appetizers cooked onsite in a wood-fire oven
- LesCrepes: modern crepes with smoked elements
- Redemption BBQ: smoked Cuban sandwich, vegan smoked jackfruit sandwich, southern poutine, traditional brunswick stew
- Rappahannock Oyster: bourbon butter roasted oysters
- Smohk: smoked ribeye sandwich, onsite-smoked quail, onsite-smoked salmon, Kentucky boiled custard with praline wafers
- Stumps Pig and Pint: smokehouse mac n cheese, sm. wings, rocket ribs, sm. mushrooms, smokehouse cooked greens, pineapple basil slaw
- Cardinal State Butchers: signature chili
- Stella's: smoked lamb
- Peter Chang: smoked duck rolls, smoked tofu stuffed with pork and veggies, cured pork belly fried rice, cilantro fish rolls
- Publix Aprons Cooking School: duck confit, smoked sausage cassoulet
- J. Sargent Reynolds Community College Culinary School: Cherry Smoked Skirt Steak / Bleu Cheese Scalloped Potato / Tarragon Chimichurri / Fried Pickled Fresno Chiles AND Smoked S'more - Housemade Spiced Marshmallow / Smoked Hazelnuts / Bourbon Caramel / Cracker Crumble / Spiced Chocolate
*The menu is tentative and subject to change
Please check this page for updates as we confirm more talent and restaurants for the event.
PARTIAL LIST OF DISTILLERIES (updates will be made until the event on March 6)
THE TENTATIVE LIST OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL DISTILLERIES FOR 2020 (each distillery will bring a premium portfolio of their whiskies)
THE TENTATIVE LIST OF VIRGINIA DISTILLERIES FOR 2020 (each distillery will bring a premium portfolio of their whiskies and spirits)*
A. Smith Bowman
Virginia Distillery Company
*List is tentative and subject to change
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting