Saturday February 25th« Back to Full Schedule
POP NAPA! Sparkling & Champagne Celebration
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
428 N Arthur Ashe Boulevard
Richmond, Virginia 23220
Calling all sparkling wine and Champagne lovers (plus still wine enthusiasts) to join us at this delightful opening night wine and food fete celebrating an elite lineup of sparklers from Virginia, Napa Valley, Argentina, Spain, and Champagne, France, and cider from Virginia. Highly-regarded still wines from Napa, Virginia, and Argentina will be available too. Experience a bubbly tasting party that's both fun and enriching while you enjoy some chill tunes!
POP NAPA! is a party, tasting, and learning experience presented by our expert pourers who'll enrich your knowledge of these extraordinary beverages. You'll nibble on delectable, seasonally- and locally-sourced Virginia- and Napa Valley-inspired bites to enhance your tasting experience.
Please join us as we kick off the 14th annual Virginia Wine Expo in style!!
Ticket Package Availability
This event can be purchased a la carte or as part of a ticket package called 'Saturday to Saturday', which includes the following:
- Saturday evening, Feb. 25, POP NAPA! Sparkling & Champagne Celebration +
- Saturday, March 4, VIP/Early Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
Package price is $179, a $25 savings from the $204 a la carte price. Check out all the ticket packages here.
- This is a premier, all-inclusive wine tasting experience, not a food event. Please be sure to have a light meal before you arrive. However, there will be artisan bites available to enhance your tasting experience
- You will receive and keep a beautiful crystal wine glass
- 40+ sparklers, Champagnes, and still wines
- You may arrive any time after 6:45pm
- We are sorry but there are no special dietary restrictions or preferences at this tasting
- Free parking will be available in the Virginia Museum of History & Culture parking lot. This lot is first come, first serve so there is no guarantee that there will be parking in this lot when you arrive. Once the lot is full, remaining attendees will need to find parking on the streets nearby our venue, which will be free
- Smart casual dress
- Sommelier Erin Scala - For the better part of a decade, Erin worked in New York City at several Michelin star restaurants, notably JoJo, PUBLIC, and The Musket Room. In 2014, she returned to her home state of Virginia to run the wine programs at local downtown restaurants, Fleurie & Petit Pois. Today, she is the sommelier at Common House social club in downtown Charlottesville, and since 2017, she's owned In Vino Veritas Fine Wines, a wine retail shop in Keswick, Virginia. Erin writes the thinking-drinking wine blog, produces audio essays for the I’ll Drink to That wine podcast, and consults about wine privately and commercially through her company, ThinkBev. Her articles about wine have been published in The Washington Post, Wine & Spirits, Wine & Country Living, and Knife & Fork magazine. For several years, she covered the Virginia wine scene in a column for her local paper, The C-Ville Weekly. Named one of Wine Enthusiast's 40 Under 40 wine professionals to watch, her wine list at Fleurie won a Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” in 2016 and 2017. Erin received a James Beard Rhône Rangers Travel Study Grant to study Rhône varieties in California in 2016. She competed in the Sommelier Scavenger Hunt held by Wine & Spirits Magazine to find delicious Pinot Noirs in the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA in 2017. In January 2018, the I'll Drink to That podcast was written up in the New York Times. Certified as a Certified Sake Professional, and also with the WSET Diploma of Wines and Spirits, she believes that fermented beverages are a unique and dynamic communion with time and place, and that often the best beverages come from small vineyards, orchards, and breweries using products farmed by passionate families who believe in minimal intervention.
Wine Selections & Cuisine
- Coming Soon
- The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is not a sponsor of this event.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting