Saturday March 5th« Back to Full Schedule
Masterclass Seminar: Virginia vs. Napa Valley - A Comparative
3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
1500 E Main St
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Explore the contrasts between Napa Valley and Virginia wines from the most archetypal appellations in those regions and discover what makes similar varietals from each viticultural area so distinct.
Team led by Caroline Hermann and Jay Youmans, both Masters of Wine, you'll discover different expressions of the same grape varietal and why you may prefer one expression over the other.
- All-inclusive, interactive, immersive seminar
- You will taste 10+ wines
- You may arrive anytime after 2:30 pm
- Street parking is available for free on Saturday
- GRTC Pulse has a station at Main Street Station
- Bike and scooter racks are available
About Jay Youmans, Master of Wine & Co-Seminar Leader
- Jay is the owner and Education Director for The Capital Wine School in Washington, DC, www.capitalwineschool.com. He teaches the wine course for L’Academie de Cuisine in Gaithersburg, MD. His credentials include: Advanced Level Sommelier - AS (Court of Master Sommeliers), Certified Wine Educator – CWE (Society of Wine Educators), French Wine Scholar – FWS (French Wine Society), Italian Wine Professional - IWP, Burgundy Wine Educator ( BIVB), Bordeaux Wine Educator (CIVB), Napa Valley Wine Ambassador, and Master of Wine - MW (Institute of Masters of Wine), which he passed in 2004, receiving the Vina Errazuriz Award - www.mastersofwine.org.
- For the past seven years Mr. Youmans has been the Competition Director for the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Wine Competition, one of the most stringent wine competitions held in the world.
About Caroline Hermann, Master of Wine & Co-Seminar Leader
- Coming Soon
- Coming soon
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting