Saturday March 7th« Back to Full Schedule
Master Class Seminar: The Judgment of Richmond - France vs. Virginia
Prepare for a brilliant, blind head-to-head comparative of well-regarded French and Virginia wines. The wines will be matched based on a grape varietal specific basis.
The seminar will be team taught by two Masters of Wine (the highest qualified designation in the world for wine professionals), Caroline Hermann and Jay Youmans, who currently serve on the faculty at the Capital Wine School in Washington, D.C.
Ticket Package Availability
- This ticket is part of one ticket package called "Saturday Judgment of Richmond & Afternoon Grand Tasting". Please go to the Ticket Packages page for details. To buy a ticket package, please go to the ticket page.
- All-inclusive, interactive, immersive seminar
- You will taste at least 10 brilliant wines
- You may arrive anytime after 9:45 am
- Street parking is available for free on Saturday
- GRTC Pulse has a station at Main Street Station
- Bike and scooter racks are available
About Jay Youmans, Master of Wine and Caroline Hermann, Masters of Wine - our Seminar Leaders
- Jay is the owner and Education Director for The Capital Wine School in Washington, DC, www.capitalwineschool.com. He teaches the wine course for L’Academie de Cuisine in Gaithersburg, MD. His credentials include: Advanced Level Sommelier - AS (Court of Master Sommeliers), Certified Wine Educator – CWE (Society of Wine Educators), French Wine Scholar – FWS (French Wine Society), Italian Wine Professional - IWP, Burgundy Wine Educator ( BIVB), Bordeaux Wine Educator (CIVB), Napa Valley Wine Ambassador, and Master of Wine - MW (Institute of Masters of Wine), which he passed in 2004, receiving the Vina Errazuriz Award - www.mastersofwine.org.
For the past seven years Mr. Youmans has been the Competition Director for the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Wine Competition, one of the most stringent wine competitions held in the world.
- Caroline Hermann, Master of Wine (MW) is a highly respected wine lecturer, having taught wine industry professionals since 2010 at the Capital Wine School in Washington DC. She has worked in many aspects of the industry, including wineries and retail sales, as well as wine law and regulations. She has studied viticulture, winemaking, and tasting analysis at the University of Bordeaux, and judges tasting competitions internationally. Caroline is a WSET Certified Educator for wine and Japanese sake, and is Washington DC's first woman Master of Wine.
- Coming soon
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Wine. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting