Sunday March 5th« Back to Full Schedule
Sub Rosa Bakery’s Signature Wine Dinner with Bakers Evrim & Evin Dogu & Guest Chef Benjamin Burakoff
6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
620 N. 25th St.
Richmond, Virginia 23223
Nominated for a 2019 James Beard Award for Outstanding Bakers, siblings, co-owners, and wunderkinds Evrim and Evin Dogu will team up with special guest chef Benjamin Burakoff to host a brilliant multi-course wine pairing dinner at their nationally acclaimed Sub Rosa Wood Fired Bakery in historic Church Hill.
Evrim and Evin are thrilled to be working with Chef Benjamin to serve a truly unique dinner highlighting the beautiful and complex relationship between the expressions of food, wine, and music. Using regionally grown grains, locally sourced ingredients and a wood-fired masonry oven, each succulent course will manifest itself with the unique smoke-kissed, old-world flavors that can only be coaxed from such craft baking and cooking techniques. It will be a night for all the senses - please join us!
- All-inclusive wine pairing dinner
- You may arrive any time after 6:00pm
- We cannot accommodate special dietary restrictions or preferences at this dinner
- There is ample street parking in front of and in close proximity to Sub Rosa Bakery
- Casual or smart casual attire
- Siblings and bakers Evrim and Evin Dogu grew up in the restaurant business with Turkish parents who shared their love of food from a young age, eventually inspiring the brother-sister duo to create their own dream bakery. After apprenticing at a number of bakeries on the East coast, the Dogus opened Sub Rosa Bakery in 2012, tucked into the historic neighborhood of Church Hill, near Richmond's downtown. Sub Rosa specializes in naturally leavened breads and viennoiserie, which are all baked out of a double deck, wood fired oven. They source directly from farmers and have a custom built stone mill, where they mill and sift regional grains for both bread and pastry in house. Their teeny tiny wine selection showcases “off the beaten path” wines that reflect the same ethos and purity of process that makes Sub Rosa unique.
- Special Guest Chef Benjamin Burakoff - After working with top chefs and bakers in New York City, Benjamin Burakoff moved in to Richmond, VA in 2013 to hone his craft at Sub Rosa Bakery. After nearly a decade he has developed a cult following for his food wherever he has gone: Rappahannock, Barrel Thief, his own inimitable Pizza 2000 pop up restaurants, and now as Executive Chef at Celladora, a unique wine shop in the Fan that has already garnered rave reviews and a Wine Enthusiast mention within one year of opening. We are honored to be teaming up with him again to serve a truly unique dinner, highlighting the beautiful and complex relationship between the expressions of food, wine, and music. It will be a night for all the senses.
Wine Pairings and Menu
- Coming soon
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting