Sunday March 5th« Back to Full Schedule
Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
1500 E Main St.
We're giving you more to love than ever at our most popular signature event at beautiful Main Street Station! The Walk-Around Grand Tastings will continue to refresh and tantalize your palate with hundreds of wines, spirits, ciders, and other libations + specialty foods and artisan products.
Your senses will be overwhelmed with the massive selection of wines and spirits on offer for sampling purposes, and you'll have a unique opportunity to buy most Virginia wines and ciders and all Virginia spirits to take home. We'll hold on to your purchases until you leave and help transport them to your vehicle.
We're devoted to properly educating you about the drinks you taste, which is why we carefully curate the unending array of beverages and insist that every Expo wine, spirits and cider pourer is capable of explaining about the beverage they are serving you.
Guest Regions - Napa Valley and Argentina
You'll taste dozens of wines curated by our team from 2023 National Guest Region, Napa Valley, and 2023 International Guest Region, Argentina, in addition to the hundreds of Virginia wines, spirits, and ciders.
International Natural & Organic Wine Pavilion
New for 2023, the Virginia Wine Expo's Walk-Around Grand Tasting will feature a curated selection of highly-regarded natural and organic wines from around the world. Demand for natural and organic wines is soaring globally as wine drinkers search for wines that highlight the local terroir, are the result of low-intervention, biodynamic, and natural viticultural techniques, and taste delicious. It's still early days in the natural and organic wine movement in Virginia and nationally, and we intend to present this fast-growing category of wine for your edification and enjoyment.
We've added an incredible new silent auction (with bidding online), which attendees and non-attendees may bid on remotely via their mobile phone, iPad or desktop devices. Auction items will be available on tables throughout the exhibit hall for in-person, mobile bidding purposes.
There are four different Walk-Around Grand Tasting sessions, including this Sunday afternoon session from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The other four sessions are as follows:
- Saturday VIP/Early Afternoon, 11:00 am to 4:30 pm (VIP's get an exclusive 90 minute session)
- Saturday General Evening, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Saturday General Afternoon, 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- This is an all-inclusive event, including tasting hundreds of wines, spirits, ciders, mead and specialty food
- Ticket Package Availability - If you want a special weekend culinary experience, this event can be purchased as part of several different ticket packages. Full details on the ticket pages can be found on the Ticket Packages page and can be purchased on the ticket page.
- Oyster Bar Presented by Rappahannock Oyster Co. - The Expo will feature an Oyster Bar, featuring the country's best and freshest Virginia oysters cultivated, harvested and shucked by Rappahannock Oyster Co.
- Napa Valley is the National Guest Region and Argentina is the International Guest Region in 2022
- If you are hungry for a full meal, there will be artisan food vendors on the exhibit hall floor and a new Artisan Food Truck Court just outside the building. You may bring food that you purchase at the Truck Court inside Main Street Station assuming you have tickets to an event
- You receive a crystal wine glass to use at the event and take home
- The alcoholic beverage tasting ends at 4:00 pm sharp but purchases of alcoholic beverages to go or any other products at the Expo may be made until 4:30 pm
- A major buying opportunity: most Virginia wines and all Virginia spirits and ciders will be available for sale to take home
- A complimentary wine check service will be available so that you do not have to carry or hold your wines during the session
- Specialty food and artisan, luxury products available to sample and purchase
- The food sampling will not be enough for a meal. However, meal-size food will be sold separately at the event
- Please see signage on individual wine booths to determine whether Virginia wines will or will not be for sale (most will be for sale). There is no limit on how much wine (and spirits and cider) you are permitted to buy
- Non-Virginia wine may not be purchased per Virginia ABC rules
- A complimentary coat check service will be available
- Complimentary water provided
- Tables, lounge chairs and cocktail rounds will be spread out throughout the exhibit hall for your convenience
All inclusive. $56 of ticket price covers sampled food & drink (excluding complimentary water) & crystal wine glass. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting