Sunday February 27th« Back to Full Schedule
Signature Wine Brunch with Chef Kara Gavitt & Barboursville Vineyards
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
5400 Wyndham Forest Dr.
Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
Eat. Drink. Have fun. That's the motto that the Publix Aprons Cooking School lives by and it's what you'll experience when you join us for a joyous, immersive and enriching wine and food pairing brunch featuring the wines of Barboursville Vineyards, Virginia's flagship winery, and the cuisine of Resident Head Chef Kara Gavitt.
Chef Gavitt and her sous chefs will welcome you with sparkling wine from Barboursville Vineyards and lead you through a multicourse wine and food pairing brunch as they cook - live - on a kitchen stage with multiple cameras and video screens so you can watch the action up close. The chefs are "miked" so you can listen as they create the dishes and answer your questions.
This brunch is a terrific shared experience offering a fun way to learn new skills, explore cultural cuisine and try delicious, new recipes.
- A live, immersive, interactive, four-course brunch where you will learn how to make delicious brunch dishes and enjoy them paired with Barboursville Vineyards wines
- Sparkling wine reception
- You may arrive any time after 10:30 am
- Parking is free in the Publix parking lot
- Dress is casual
- Resident Head Chef Kara Gavitt - Kara, a young Culinary Professional, has always cherished bringing smiles to faces with food. The instant satisfaction that food brings to someone is the reason beyond why she loves to cook. While in high school Kara was in the Culinary program, where she was selected to lead a team to Richmond, VA to compete in a statewide culinary competition. Her team placed 3rd and they received a scholarship to Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, NC, where she attended and graduated in 2014. In 2012, Kara joined the Publix Family and started at our Simple Meals Center, where she could demonstrate the culinary skills she obtained along the way. To expose more of her bright disposition to the customers, she became an Event Planner and later transferred to the Bakery department to further her interest and skills in becoming a Baker. She has now been at The Publix Aprons Cooking School for four years, where she has worked her way up the ladder to achieve her primary goal of being the Senior Managing Chef. She is excited to share her love for cooking and entertaining to help make you the superhero of your own kitchen.
- Seared Scallop Ceviche with Bibb Lettuce, and Avocado Crema
- Duck Enchiladas with Applewood Bacon Jam and Queso Fresco
- Korean-Style Barbeque Beef Short Ribs with Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage and Scallion-Mashed Potatoes
- Stone Fruit Bread Pudding with Crème Fraiche Gelato
All inclusive 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 6, 2022 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting