Thursday March 3rd« Back to Full Schedule
Icons of Napa Valley, Virginia & Argentina Signature Wine Dinner with Chef Lee Hendrickson
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
1500 Manakin Rd.
Manakin-Sabot, Virginia 23103
This is an electric, elegant, can't-be-missed dinner at one of Virginia's most exclusive private mansions! The format of the dinner encompasses iconic wines from Napa Valley, Virginia and Argentina paired with seasonal, scratch-made cuisine inspired by those same regions.
Napa Valley is the national guest region of the 2022 Expo and Argentina is the international guest region.
You'll experience a singular opportunity to savor this unique dinner through the creative passion of Executive Chef Lee Hendrickson at the beautiful English-Tudor mansion, Dover Hall. The wines, chosen by co-owner and Sommelier Chad Hornik, will be highly regarded bottles from Napa Valley, Virginia and Argentina. Mr. Hornik will personally present the pairings at the dinner.
- You may arrive an hour before dinner at 5:30 pm to explore this gorgeous, 32,000 square foot English-Tudor style "home". Located on 55 acres, you'll find 30 signifcant rooms, 17 fireplaces, 30+ mounts, and a ballroom with 24-foot ceilings. Many of the rooms feature rare and beautiful works of period art and antiques, unique decorations and ornate design features. There will be a cash bar if you want to imbibe while you spend your time before dinner.
- All-inclusive wine pairing dinner
- Introduction and wine pairing presented by Sommelier Chad Hornik
- You may arrive any time after 5:30pm* (please see the Special Note above)
- We cannot accomodate special dietary restrictions or preferences at this dinner
- There is ample free parking in the parking lot located on the grounds of Dover Hall
- Smart casual dress
- Chef Lee Hendrickson - Originally from Greenwood Lake, New York, Chef Lee grew up in Fluvanna County with a large Italian family where the kitchen was always busy and his first cooking lessons came straight from Grandma. He started his hospitality career as a dishwasher at age 15 and quickly moved into cooking, landing his first “real” gig in the four star Fossett’s Restaurant at Keswick Hall. Working under Chef Dean Maupin, Lee nurtured his passion for food and began reading everything he could get his hands on to truly understand the mechanics of cooking: not just the how, but why dishes and procedures make sense. In 2013, he joined the Easton Porter Group as the Sous Chef at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards. Two years later, his good friend and Executive Chef Amalia Scatena approached Lee to open another EPG restaurant in Charleston, SC. Thus Cannon Green was born with Lee as the Sous Chef managing both banquet and a la carte operations. Shortly thereafter, they presented him the opportunity to graduate to the Executive Chef position by opening a Mediterranean inspired restaurant in downtown Charlottesville, Red Pump Kitchen. After building a name for himself, he was hand-picked to join the Dover Hall team. Chef Lee is laser focused on farm to table, presenting delectable foods that are innovative but approachable.
- Chad Hornik, co-owner of the firm that manages Dover Hall and a sommelier, will work with Chef Lee to select the wines and create dishes that properly pair with those wines. He will also be present at the dinner to present and educate attendees on the pairings. Chad launched his restaurant career cooking at the young age of 12 and quickly graduated to waiting tables at La Paloma, a five star restaurant in Miami Beach. While attending Florida International University for public administration, he began what would become a long and fruitful career with The Melting Pot. After completing the management training program in Boca Raton, he relocated to Richmond to open his first Melting Pot restaurant. Over the next two decades, he continued to grow his portfolio to eleven locations in five different states. In 2006, Chad launched Leading Edge Management & Consulting, offering services to brands such as Starwood Hotels, Olive Garden, and Bertucci’s. After partnering with Jeff Ottaviano, they opened 250 Sports Grill and now manage the operations at Dover Hall.
Menu & Wine Pairings
- Coming Soon
All inclusive. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 6, 2022, at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting