Wednesday March 2nd« Back to Full Schedule
POP NAPA! Sparkling & Champagne Celebration with Chef Bryan McClure
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
303 W Broad St
Richmond, Virginia 23220
Calling all sparkling wine and Champagne lovers and foodies to join us at this premier wine and food event celebrating an all-star lineup of sparklers from Napa Valley, Virginia and Argentina, Champagne from France, and cider from Virginia (plus red and white still wines too).
Sommelier Erin Scala, owner of In Vino Veritas Fine Wines, named a Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40, and owner of consultancy, ThinkBev, will curate the wine selections, while working hand-in-hand with acclaimed Chef de Cuisine Bryan McClure on the delectable, seasonally- and locally-sourced Napa-Valley inspired cuisine.
Chef Bryan is known for his brilliance in the kitchen and has a talent for curating soulful and satisfying food which captures whatever theme and flavor profiles he wants to express. You'll taste his take on Napa cuisine at POP NAPA!, which happens at the uber-chill, hyper-convivial and tastefully revitalized Common House Richmond located in the city's famous Arts District.
- All-inclusive wine and food event
- There will be plentiful food; more than enough for a full meal!
- You may arrive any time after 6pm
- We are sorry but there are no special dietary restrictions or preferences at this dinner
- There is street parking nearby Common House Richmond
- Smart casual dress
- Chef de Cuisine Bryan McClure - Chef Bryan has an extraordinary passion for top-quality, seasonally focused, and local cuisine. He has been the Sous Chef at Lemaire, the Executive Chef at The Jefferson Hotel, and served as Chef De Cuisine at Pasture in Richmond.
- Sommelier Erin Scala - For the better part of a decade, Erin worked in New York City at several Michelin star restaurants, notably JoJo, PUBLIC, and The Musket Room. In 2014, she returned to her home state of Virginia to run the wine programs at local downtown restaurants, Fleurie & Petit Pois. Today, she is the sommelier at Common House social club in downtown Charlottesville, and since 2017, she's owned In Vino Veritas Fine Wines, a wine retail shop in Keswick, Virginia. Erin writes the thinking-drinking wine blog, produces audio essays for the I’ll Drink to That wine podcast, and consults about wine privately and commercially through her company, ThinkBev. Her articles about wine have been published in The Washington Post, Wine & Spirits, Wine & Country Living, and Knife & Fork magazine. For several years, she covered the Virginia wine scene in a column for her local paper, The C-Ville Weekly. Named one of Wine Enthusiast's 40 Under 40 wine professionals to watch, her wine list at Fleurie won a Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” in 2016 and 2017. Erin received a James Beard Rhône Rangers Travel Study Grant to study Rhône varieties in California in 2016. She competed in the Sommelier Scavenger Hunt held by Wine & Spirits Magazine to find delicious Pinot Noirs in the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA in 2017. In January 2018, the I'll Drink to That podcast was written up in the New York Times. Certified as a Certified Sake Professional, and also with the WSET Diploma of Wines and Spirits, she believes that fermented beverages are a unique and dynamic communion with time and place, and that often the best beverages come from small vineyards, orchards, and breweries using products farmed by passionate families who believe in minimal intervention.
Menu & Wine
- Coming Soon
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 6, 2022 at historic Main Street Station.
- Combo Package
- Main Street Station
- Craft Beer
- New Event
- Distilled Spirits
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting